- Have everything you need at arm's reach
I keep my most used tools in this organizer box, that way I have all I need in one place.
- Grab small tools with a tweezer
I use an old tweezer to pick up needles, pins, hooks and other tools that are sometimes hard to pick up with just your fingers.
- Pick up little scraps of yarn, thread or other without damaging the piece
Using the tweezer you can easily pick up the debris without damaging the yarn.
- Use a paper clip as a stitch marker
Use paper clips to mark the first stitch of the round you're working on.
On big pieces I use them to create "checkpoints" of 20 stitches intervals. That way if I lose count or get interrupted I don't have to count every stitch from the beginning again, just remember to use paper clips of a different color than the one on the first stitch.
- Use a paper clip to ensure that your piece doesn't unravel
Make the loop of the last stitch you worked go to the center of the paper clip. This way the piece wont unravel if the yarn gets pulled. In this example I used the same paper clip I was using as a marker for the first stitch of the round, but you can use a different one if the last stitch you worked isn't the last stitch of the round.
- Following patterns
Use a ruler to highlight the round you are working on. Once you finish the round make a mark with a pencil on the corresponding line. On rounds that are repetition of the previous round, make one mark for each completed round (example: rounds 12-17 in the picture).
- Ups! Forgot to place the safety eyes!
Inhale, exhale and grab your super glue. =)
I confess this has happened to me, but fortunately it was with projects I was making for myself or I would have to remake and place the eyes the usual way. =)
1. Doll without eyes.
2. Grab the safety eyes you intended to use and the super glue. I prefer the ones in gel form, its easier to control and if it gets on your fingers its easier to peel.
3. Put glue on the post of the eyes.
4. Immediately after putting the glue place the eyes on the doll and wait for it to dry. The glue will become attached to the stuffing in the doll.
I hope you find these little tips usefull, and if you know more please share in the comments bellow! =D
Have a great weekend!