A crochet square can be used as an accessory or an aplique but most useful in amigurumi it can be used as the base for a cube or other cuboid shapes.
As my preferred way of making amigurumi is in continuous rounds or spirals I also prefer to make squares, that are going to be turned into 3d shapes, in the round.
To learn how to make a square working in spirals watch the video below!
To crochet a square in the round:
- Work 4 single crochets into the Magic Ring;
- Work 3 single crochets on all stitches of the previous round;
- Keep working up to the desired size always keeping in mind the 2 rules:
- Always work the corners in the middle stitch of the corner of the previous round, and
- The stitches between the corners always increase by 2 from round to round.
Next week I'll turn this square into a cube! Make sure you don't miss it!